Developing the students holistically is one important goal that teachers should strive to achieve and implement. This is one of the most important realization that I had for the day. Since the student support programs were discussed, our unified understanding that students should be able to develop themselves holistically was strengthened even more. In this session, I became aware of the existing clubs and activities that students join in and also the other programs that the institution conducted for the development and growth of their students. In light of this, I became curious and excited as to what the other activities (especially the outreach activities) and programs that will take place in the incoming school year. It will not only make the teachers spend more time and bond with their students but it is also a challenge for each and one of us to make each activity successful and fun.
Aside from the programs, we were also oriented about the personnel policies of the school. This time, we were enlightened of what we are expected to do and not do as faculty and staff members. Well, I find the policies fair and justifiable especially when we consider the wellness and protection of the entire institution. The benefits were also discussed and I personally consider this part of the discussion to be really informative and necessary. Since this is my first job, I am really concerned and curious about what each government issued documents/IDs can really do for me. After the discussion, most of the questions I have in my mind were already answered. Generally, it was again an informative and fun session with my co-teachers. I am looking forward to the next sessions and activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment